View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Perhaps dwi is a bad example though I see it all the time and keep in mind theres a dash cam present. If you can articulate weaving then there is pc for the stop. Without it you need another reason to pull someone over...hence the speeding example. If there is no speeding (or weaving etc...) there is no reason to effect the stop. If the speeding charge is beat theres no pc to have ever found the dwi.
Everything you are talking about is needing PC not needing an underlying charge. That is the underlying distinction I was pointing out. PC doesn't have to mean a charge. Somebody can be holding a Red Bull in a coozie at 3 am halfway nodding off committing no offense and the court will probably hold up the PC. I know of a woman who was parked legally sleeping in her car but it was a non-residential area and she got convicted of DUI.

Quote:
You cant just stay wherever you want whenever you want if its private property. .
Totally agree with that and the business owner has the right to forcibly eject you. The question I am raising is whether the cop actually did enough to support a criminal charge. I am sure further facts will emerge like the video although it probably won't have audio. But there is a big difference between "I am arresting you for PI" and "hey buddy you need to leave."