View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012   #30
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Why is there this pervasive hate for law enforcement? I mean, every time one of these threads pops up...the cop is always guilty, immediately, of being a crazy maniac out of control. It gets old reading this stuff. All cops are bad, I guess???
There isn't. Bad cops make the news and create headlines which generate threads and so discussion. Good cops rarely get headlines. It is the same with any profession. When was the last time you saw a report "Doctor operated on 7 people today and they all survived?" Or "engineer designed a bridge twenty years ago and it didn't fall down today?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Then if Peterson did what they allege he did, he should be in hot water and I'm pretty much on the side of the law here. It takes a special brand of knothead to shove a uniform...at 2:00am....in a nightclub.......when they are asking you to gtf out.
The bold is a key element on murky facts we don't know. It is why I am wondering if additional charges are going to be brought or this gets dumped. You can't be resisting arrest until there is an attempted arrest, search or transportation (detained). Some cop walks up grabs your arm and says hey you need to leave and you pull your arm away you may be stupid but you aren't resisting arrest.