View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big game Saturday night !

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
personally if you think this is a "big game" you know very little about football. It is the first preseason game of the year.
What I was really trying to say was that Saturdays game is big for certain individuals and in particlular Jason Babin and Dunta Robinson since they are our
only high draft picks. It is the first time they will play in a game as members
of their new team in front of local TV and what will probably be a big turnout for
the fans attending in person. As others have pointed out, it will be an important
game for all who are marginal as far as making the teams roster. That is not a concern for our 2 first round picks, atleast not this year. And I think it's a big game for all wanting to see some football of any kind from the Texans after the
long, long offseason for all of us who are fans. I know I feel that way.
But whether or not we win the game, your point is well taken. It's actually pretty meaningless what our preseason record ends up being. And when they tee it up on Sept. 12 for the regular season opener, it will be even more
meaningless.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote