View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans a run-first team, I think not!

RUN FIRST is not the question. Nobody is a ANYTHING FIRST.

Again, what makes everything work BETTER?

With the Saints and old Colts...they passed so well that they could sneak in HB draws and HB sweeps or stretch run plays, and you could get caught napping.

With the Texans, we run the ball sooooo beautifully (coordination between everyone, btw, not JUST a RB and not JUST the OL...but rather even the WR, the TEs, the QB. Everybody) that people get caught napping on the pass.

If I had to choose which poison to take, when playing defense against the Texans...I choose to stuff the run and pray to God that the Texans can't chew me up and spit me out on the pass plays. Because if I don't stop the run, the clock keeps burning and my offense doesn't hit the field. If the Texans must pass against me, then maybe they drop a ball or get sacked...a much better chance of success for my team if I'm opposing the Texans.

76, I love ya' man, but let us know when you're doing this for a living and not as a hobby. Until then, you're going to be able to skew stats and find things that support your hunch...i.e. the whole Kareem Jackson saga.