View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big game Saturday night !

Quote:
Now I know most of you reading this are thinking "hey that meanie just said i know very little about football',but I'm just being honest. If you think this is a big game, you know very little about preseason football.
Well I guess that comes down to the interpretation of big game now doesn't it? If it means important that we win, that's one thing, but if as it appears it means it is big because we are going to get a good look at whether two 1st round draft picks will be able to step into the starting line-up and thereby enable another player to start at FS, plus whether the key OL position will be adequately filled this year then gee that doesn't seem quite so unknowledgeable now does it? Is it the last stop in the judgement of those players, no but it is one of only four opportunities to look at them before the season starts at game speed against another team--important, significant, big--it is one of them and the difference certainly doesn't seem to warrant being a baboon. And by the way, though I disagree, some pretty good NFL coaches--cough, Parcells, cough--actually place an importance on winning these things. But then again, maybe that hair of his accompanies a red and blue hind end.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote