View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012   #104
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, there's that 80 thing. Then his no nonsense, just get it done without a bunch of lip.... For years, Smith was the man, & they couldn't stop him. & he had good size, good speed, great hands.... probably the most complete receiver of his time. & he's was just so understated for so long..... I mean "everybody" knows Andre is one of the best, but the first 5 years he was here, it's like we're the only ones who knew (for good reason).

Well, there was that Rice guy.
Rod Smith strikes me more as Rod Tidwell (movie reference rep). He wasn't drafted, wasn't big, wasn't fast but somehow got it done.

That ain't AJ. AJ is quiet I'll give you that, but he is long, big, powerful, fast, precise. Rod Smith did run precise routes but otherwise wasn't like AJ. I rarely apply this term to NFL players but AJ is a freak. Smith was no freak even if he was very good.

Rice, Smith, Swan - nobody does this - Link