View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012   #13
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69963 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: what QB are you projecting in the top ten next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Thunderkyss, you might want to take a look at Tyler Bray-QB from Tennessee, here's what Walterfootball has to say about him.

Tyler Bray*, QB, Tennessee
Height: 6-6. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.82.
Projected Round (2013): Top 25.
5/8/12: Bray (6-6, 210) completed 59 percent of his passes as as sophomore in 2011, totaling for 1,983 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He had a hand/thumb injury that caused him to miss five games and hurt him down the stretch. Bray completed 55.8 percent of his passes as a freshman for 1,849 yards with 18 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

Bray has all the physical tools to be a first-round quarterback, and before the hand injury, made progress to improve his accuracy compared to his freshman season.

He's a junior this year but has all the physical skills to be a very good 1st round pick, possibly top 10, and has 2 very good WR's in Justin Hunter and DaRick Rogers to help him along. I doubt seriously that he'd fall to the late 20's or early 30's of next years draft but if he made it to 15 or so we should look seriously at trading up, though it would be terribly expensive, and getting our next franchise QB. All of this obviously depends on how Schaub performs next season. I agree with Dutchrudder, hopefully Schaub returns well and plays all 19 games, but if not then we need to take a serious look at going a new direction at QB.
Man, I know this kid isn't bad at throwing the ball. But I don't like him.

This is all based solely on the bowl game two years ago against UNC though so I'm being a bit of a homer for sure. The thing is where TJ looked smart (he spiked the ball with to many men on the field to lead to a field goal since at the time NCAA rules didn't take off time for a penalty), Bray just came off as obnoxious. He had this whole aura around him of cockiness and it just didn't seem deserved. And then he lost and he cried because he was no good.

Based on that one game I just don't like the kids attitude.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote