View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012   #68
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hey my brother, I'm pretty sure the run game is not where we need help. Where need help is another deep threat receiver to take away from double and in times triple teams on Dre...

Is Plax that guy?? I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure his persona as an "alpha dog" falls short of being second fiddle to Dre. Let's look inward to recent draft choices including Jeff Maehl (sp?) or Posey... Yes???
He helps the run game by requiring the defense to cover him. Jacoby was never able to do that, and I don't think they will be scared of KW. Put a 6'5 Plaxico on the opposite side of AJ, and the opposing safeties will be watching for the pass, not the run. A guy that big is tough for a 5'10 CB to cover. KW would be in the slot, which I think is a good spot for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The only thing that worries me, is that he's 35. At that age, you might have it one day, & not the next. If he comes into camp & can still run a 4.5 forty, I'd sign him. But what are the odds......

a 3 or 4.. in this offense? He's not much good for Andre unless he's pushing Walter for playing time...... at #2. If he can't do that, I'd just as soon get the kids (Keshawn & DeVier) out there & let them compete for Walters job.
It really doesn't cost the team much to bring him in on a vet minimum deal for at least training camp. I think a vet like him would be more useful in the passing game than a couple rookies.