View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012   #48
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Well, this much I know:

If any of us think Kubiak & Co. have NOT looked into adding Burress, either last year or as recently as today, we're fooling ourselves.

1. They've checked into it.

2. They aren't moving on Burress yet. Why?

3. He could be added today, tomorrow, next week, or even the days leading up to reg season. Who knows. Until then, 31 other teams are all discussing whether they need Burress or not....and none of them have signed him.

4. Perhaps he isn't signed yet because he is asking more than teams want to pay him? Maybe teams are waiting. Who knows.

So really this is a dead topic. Yeah, we've discussed it. Some say yes, some say no, others don't know. My only two cents into the discussion is that there has to be a financial reason why none of the 32 teams have this guy on their roster yet. Therefore, this whole idea that he'll take the vet minimum and we can handle that vet minimum amount...it's not a good argument, IMO.

To me, last year when he was throwing out the Texans name in every other comment he made to the media...he had that mindset that the Texans were an ATM...the place where guys like Ahman Green go to get royally rich. He signs with the Jets last year, and now he's not mentioning us NOW is he??? That tells me that he's priced himself out of contention here, and he knows it.

We'll never know if that's true, but if he was that pumped up about the prospects of playing here LAST year...then he would have signed with us already even if for only a 1-year deal. I think he's holding out for as much as he can get PLUS not having to report to a team and do all the team stuff (like sweating in the heat of OTAs!).

If he signs here, it will be because he came off his cloud and took less than he was asking. Or...Kubiak flinched first and felt he needed a vet because the rookies are testing his nerves with so much on the line this year.