View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: what QB are you projecting in the top ten next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Great post, thanks for all the info.

Let's say that he gets hurt this year (heaven forbid)... or the Petrino thing really makes the team stink. In the SEC, they could go out & only win 9 games.

Would that change your mind on how good the kid can be?

I ask, because we've seen it happen. Not just to QBs... worked out pretty good for us with Arian Foster. But most of the time, a poor showing their senior season, regardless the cause...... leads to a poor career.
Well, there are a couple of factors in play here. Look at the 12 game schedule:

Quote:
2012 Arkansas Razorbacks Schedule
Date - Opponent, Site
Sept. 1 - Jacksonville State, Home
Sept. 8 - Louisiana-Monroe, Home
Sept. 15 - Alabama, Home
Sept. 22 - Rutgers, Home
Sept. 29 - vs. Texas A&M#, TBD
Oct. 6 - at Auburn, Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 13 - Kentucky, Home
Oct. 27 - Ole Miss, Home
Nov. 3 - Tulsa, Home
Nov. 10 - at South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
Nov. 17 - at Mississippi State, Starkville, Miss.
Nov. 24 - LSU, Home
With all the turmoil around the school, and WRs graduating, I think the program will take a step back this year. Each bolded team I would chalk up as a loss right now. That would make them 8-4 and probably Cotton Bowl bound or so. Throw in a flukey loss to Rutgers, one of the Mississippis or possibly A&M, and it looks bad on his resume. Then again, Jay Cutler was on a bad Vandy team before the draft and went 11, so you never know with these things. This is not a team that is going get 11 or 12 wins and compete in the new playoffs though.

The other factor is the loss of teammates in the draft this year. Both Joe Adams and Jarius Wright drafted this year (Vikings and Panthers). They accounted for 120 receptions, 1769 yards, and 15 TDs last year. Wilson completed 277 passes for 3638 yards and 24 TDs. That's a lot to replace there, so his new WRs may not be able to replicate that production. He will have to develop a rapport with the new guys and deal with new coaches and such. The one benefit is that the two new WR 1&2 are both 6'3 and 210+ pounds, so he will have bigger targets than the 5'10 guys he had before. Although I don't know what sort of sacrifice in speed there may be between the two sets of WRs.

We shall see, I'm hoping he does well, but at the same time I'm hoping his draft stock takes a hit, and other guys that I don't want move up. (Like Landry Jones... holy crap if he goes in the 1st, I just don't know what to say...)