Thread: Percy Harvin
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012   #125
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Percy Harvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Enjoy the 2 years, because after that he'll be un-signable.
What?? That's the point, we get him for 2 years in the midst of a Super Bowl run. He's worth it to put us over the top.

Quote:
Plus, he doesn't suit our offense. This offense is Foster/Tate and then a myriad of passing plays that target AJ or the soup de jour TE (whomever that is on any given Sunday).
Yeah, if AJ makes it the whole season without missing a game, I will be surprised. We need a contingency plan for him, because without him our vertical game will go into the toilet. Harvin may not be the best #1 WR, but he's better than what we got. For a 2nd, I'd do it in no time.

Quote:
I respect the guy's game. I don't even think he's the "cancer" some people have said he is. My problem is (a) not exactly the prototypical Kubiak WR, for what we do, and (b) what happens after two years and he wants big boy money?

Plus, Minnesota doesn't even want to trade him. He's all they have right now.

Just too many adverse variables to make the equation work.
a) who cares about prototypical size? Jacoby had it and wasn't very useful in the passing game. Kubiak is smart enough to find uses for him. Harvin would get several touches a game and be effective.
b) you let him walk and get a compensatory pick for him. Or maybe you franchise tag him and entice him to stay. Either way the two years with him will be better than without him.

If we are truly making a Super Bowl run, then we need to get every advantage possible. Harvin's contract makes him a good fit for us. I'd gladly send a 2nd and Martin or Posey to the Vikings for him.