View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012   #250
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Not to derail here but I'm thinking the Bengals are looking pretty good for this season. With the moves they've made and the Red Rifle in his 2nd year I think they're going to be competitive.

But then I thought my first wife was hot AND faithful, so what do I know?
Yeah, but the glaring hole in their offense right now is RB. They let Cedric Benson go, who was a workhorse for them, and I think he was more important than they realized. They had the money to keep him, but instead are just saving money before the 90% floor is implemented next year. BGE simply isn't an every-down RB, and I think they will be unpleasantly surprised next year to learn this the hard way. They will be hurting for a RB and Tate will probably be better than every RB in the draft besides Lattimore.

I also wouldn't put it past the Texans to use Tate and some picks (late 1st) to jump up into the top 5 and grab a QB if Schaub doesn't work out this year. Teams that are already invested in QBs already like the Dolphins, Rams and Raiders may be willing to drop 20 spots for Tate, a 1st and a 3rd.