View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012   #248
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think there will be a couple teams looking to score Tate from us next year, teams like the 49ers (Gore is old), Lions (no RBs), Steelers (Mendenhall is retarded and Redman is iffy), Bengals (young team needs a reliable RB), Packers (need a pass catching RB that can protect the QB), Giants (Bradshaw is quick, Tate could compliment him well), Broncos (McGahee is old) or even the Colts (do they have a RB?). Plenty of teams can use Tate, he's really versatile and shouldn't be pigeonholed into a specific scheme.

I think he will be quite appealing next year, and may be used in a multi-pick trade. We should have 4 comp picks coming our way, which gives us 11 going into the draft. Seems like a lot, so why not take Tate and a 4th and move into the mid-first? I would do that if the Bengals were offering as I don't expect them to make the playoffs.
Not to derail here but I'm thinking the Bengals are looking pretty good for this season. With the moves they've made and the Red Rifle in his 2nd year I think they're going to be competitive.

But then I thought my first wife was hot AND faithful, so what do I know?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote