View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012   #246
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
A solid 2012 and Ben Tate will be PRIMED for trading after the season is over.

In fact, with Foster having just inked a nice big contract, meaning he's locked up for the next several years, I'm all for getting Ben the ball as much as we can.

I don't think any of us are under the illusion that we can afford everyone AND Ben Tate if he has a very solid 2012. In fact, the guy would deserve the chance to go and be a RB1 for somebody else anyways.

Here's to hoping we parlay something 1st round'ish out of Ben Tate after he helps us win a SB this year!
I think there will be a couple teams looking to score Tate from us next year, teams like the 49ers (Gore is old), Lions (no RBs), Steelers (Mendenhall is retarded and Redman is iffy), Bengals (young team needs a reliable RB), Packers (need a pass catching RB that can protect the QB), Giants (Bradshaw is quick, Tate could compliment him well), Broncos (McGahee is old) or even the Colts (do they have a RB?). Plenty of teams can use Tate, he's really versatile and shouldn't be pigeonholed into a specific scheme.

I think he will be quite appealing next year, and may be used in a multi-pick trade. We should have 4 comp picks coming our way, which gives us 11 going into the draft. Seems like a lot, so why not take Tate and a 4th and move into the mid-first? I would do that if the Bengals were offering as I don't expect them to make the playoffs.