Thread: Percy Harvin
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012   #105
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Percy Harvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He isn't and never will be the type of impact player as a deep threat that Desean Jackson is. Desean was a huge deep threat going all the way back to his college days. Harvin was never a big deep threat in college. He played a WR/RB type of WR that made a living off of short pass routes where he made yards after the catch. He was like a RB that could catch a lot of passes. He isn't that much different in the NFL. He has gotten better as far as being a down field threat, but that will never be his strength as a WR. My entire characterization of his skill set though is exactly what I think would work great on the Texans team, because we already have AJ as a great deep threat and we wouldn't need that out of Harvin. I think he'd be a great fit here skill wise, but I do agree that there are character concerns. With him being so young though, I'd take that risk since we're in "win now" mode or at least we need to be.
Harvin isnt the return man jackson is but their body types and styles are very similar. Harvin is young and getting better...to this point in their careers (3yrs) Harvin is a better reciever then jackson was(production). If your looking for a #1 wideout in the mold of fitzgerald, Harvin's not your guy. But a cursory look through team rosters leads me to believe he'd be a #1 wr for 15 teams and in the mix for 3-4 more. Fantasy football mags routinely have him ranked in the top 12-20 range. I realize those are just mags so I take it with a grain of salt but he is legit. We agree the Texans should be in a win now mindset and this guy would be a fantastic addition no matter how you slice it.