Thread: Percy Harvin
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012   #102
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115850 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Percy Harvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, those are pretty good numbers considering the offense that he was in, but are you honestly telling me that you think that Percy Harvin is a true #1 WR that can be that guy for years? He is more of a gadget WR that can make get yards after the catch, but he isn't a deep threat WR and never will be. Most of the time you want your #1 WR to be a versatile WR that can do it all. Harvin will never be a guy that can do it all in my opinion. I don't think you'll find many others that would agree with you there either. Hell, just in this thread alone there are only a few people (Which includes me) that would even want him as a #2 WR. I think that's crazy considering the fact that Walter is our #2 WR and he is a pretty bad one at that.
Its funny that you refer to the opinions in this thread...this morning on the sports radio stations(3) the consensus was just the opposite. If he can be had, get him. He has speed to burn so he is a deep threat (although his average yards wasnt great this year). Think of him like desean jackson. My only onfield concern with the guy in our offense would be his ability to block - and i'm assuming hes a poor blocker due to his size- dont honestly know.