View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ working hard on reducing the drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
The offense was "terrible" in the Dolphins scrimmage? That's the first truly bad assessment I've seen. Everything I've read or watched said both offenses struggled somewhat...but made no mention of either side playing terrible.
I don't think that there was any question that both defenses were ahead of the offenses at this point in the preseason. Prisco was being too harsh, but overall I agree with his assessment:
Quote:
The offensive was terrible against the Dolphins, especially left tackle Seth Wand, who is a projected starter. Wand, a third-round pick in 2003, had a bad day against Jason Taylor in the Texans' scrimmage with the Dolphins on Saturday. The Texans might be forced to help him a bunch this year with a tight end and backs chipping. Eventually, though, he should develop into a solid player.
I think that Wand will need some help against the upper echelon pass rushers early on. On the flip side, I think Pitts & Wand will develop into a top run blocking tandem. With Wade & Wiegert on the other side, opponents won't be able to cheat against the run.

As far as AJ is concerned, he looks much better catching the football in the 2 times I've seen him. Did anyone see on the local news (Chan. 11?) that one-handed catch Gaffney made on a Carr bullet over the middle. That was impressive.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote