Thread: Percy Harvin
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012   #71
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Percy Harvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And although I didn't quote him...what CnD posted is so freaking true.

If WEED is medicinal, then let's do the weed that doesn't get us high. Let's see the amount of orders that are placed for weed rather than WEED.

GP, unless you're completely drug free which includes alcohol, I don't think you are in any position to bash the idea of why someone wants or needs to smoke weed in some form. It's less dangerous than drugs like alcohol and tobacco which rake in Billions every year and does help many people deal with chronic illnesses and pain. It's not just some excuse that everyone uses just so they can catch a buzz. The only reason why it's illegal from the NFL's perspective is because it's illegal in the majority of states and cities in this country which is a pretty big government interference on people's casual lives. It's really not that different than if the government decided that salt was illegal due to the sodium in it or something. How long would it take for the NFL to ban players from eating food with salt after that since it's illegal? I don't think that fighting the idea of weed smoke or hemp products is a fair battle here.

I do understand where you're coming from as far as the suspension issues though if he were to get caught with a dirty urine test again. That does have to be considered. However, waving off any criticism for the NFL for it's practices that mimic the government's abuse of authority is not a productive idea to support.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote