Thread: Percy Harvin
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Percy Harvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well that kind of flies in the face of everything you said prior to this statement.

He has all these problems, but they'd be nuts to trade him?

Seems like they should have been actively trying to replace him for a while now....

They likely won't trade him because he's a good player.
Yeah, I"m with you on this one.

Kind of surprised at all of these comments where folks are acting like Harvin is some sort of Chad Jonhnson/Roy Williams type of guy who can't produce or is a team cancer.

You look at the current offense for the Texans and Harvin would be a great fit in my mind. He could go all over the middle of the field and make a ton of plays helping the TE's to get open or to free up AJ fairly easily. Either that, or the TE's would have to be heavily guarded while a guy like Harvin could do a lot of damage. He is a different type of WR than what AJ is for sure, but his skill set is a very good one for this offense that could make it really dynamic. I'd love to make a trade like this.

I'll admit that Harvin has had a few issues, but mainly minor. His attitude isn't great, but it's not horrible either like a lot of other diva WR's around the league. His injury issues are slightly concerning, but only slightly and that is mainly because of his size. He isn't the toughest guy in the world. But overall he'd be a great piece for this offense to really take that extra step to free up so many other guys. We really need another offensive play maker as a receiving threat right now, and I think that Harvin's skill set make him totally worth the risk. People always act like one draft pick is going to ruin your entire draft for some reason. They tend to forget how many 1-3 rounders don't ever amount to anything and end up being wasted picks any way. Apparently people forgot the wildcard piece that Harvin was when Favre and Sidney Rice were both there.

I also think that the Vikings would be wise to trade him if they can get good compensation. His skill set doesn't make their offense that explosive without the other options on the team. Harvin is more of a great piece to have when other pieces are around him sort of like Welker. He isn't that valuable to the Vikings team in their current condition. He would be to the Texans or a team like the Saints though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote