Thread: Percy Harvin
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012   #48
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Percy Harvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And if there was some miraculous way that we could obtain Percy Harvin...if the powers-that-be had a way of knowing that Harvin would be a great WR for many years to come here...then I'd be fine with a 2nd round pick.

1st round is too expensive, IMO. He's a #2 WR, not a #1.

I still think this team's offense is predicated around a #1 WR like AJ, then we've got the TEs who see a lot of looks on every pass play, with a #2 WR who is a possession-type WR you go to when you need that 5-yard curl route or quick slant to move the chains.

So I don't think we "need" a guy like Harvin. Kubiak is counting on his own draft picks, guys like Martin and Posey, to be the future #2 WR. Cheaper, younger, and hand-picked by Kubiak.

(Waiting for heads to explode because I dared say we don't "need" Harvin).
WHAT?!?!?! What do you mean we don't NEED Harvin. How dare you!?