Thread: Percy Harvin
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012   #46
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Percy Harvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And if there was some miraculous way that we could obtain Percy Harvin...if the powers-that-be had a way of knowing that Harvin would be a great WR for many years to come here...then I'd be fine with a 2nd round pick.

1st round is too expensive, IMO. He's a #2 WR, not a #1.

I still think this team's offense is predicated around a #1 WR like AJ, then we've got the TEs who see a lot of looks on every pass play, with a #2 WR who is a possession-type WR you go to when you need that 5-yard curl route or quick slant to move the chains.

So I don't think we "need" a guy like Harvin. Kubiak is counting on his own draft picks, guys like Martin and Posey, to be the future #2 WR. Cheaper, younger, and hand-picked by Kubiak.

(Waiting for heads to explode because I dared say we don't "need" Harvin).
I don't think we need him either, but he would be great to have.

For comparison's sake, Brandon Marshall was traded from the Dolphins to the Bears for two 3rd round picks. Marshall is a bonafide #1 WR with a lot of attitude issues surrounding him. He had a huge contract too, but he puts up great stats and still didn't fetch a 1st. I think Harvin's value is around there, two 3rds or a 3rd and a player.

The question is, if we were to make the trade, who can we part with that would help the Vikings? Kevin Walter? A rookie WR or Olineman? I dunno, but it's fun to kick around.