Thread: Percy Harvin
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012   #42
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Percy Harvin

It certainly depends on the asking price, but his production, despite what some may say, it stellar for a #2 WR. He's everything Jacoby Jones wasn't. Check out his stats:

http://www.nfl.com/player/percyharvin/80425/careerstats

He's obviously a very capable #2 WR, even if Christian Ponder is throwing to him, and he's getting better every year in every category. I love seeing that in any player, steady increases in production show lots of potential. He adds another dimension to any team's run-game due to his speed and ability to turn the corner. His return capability is awesome, he only had 16 returns last year, but still averaged 32.5 ypa. He would be a welcome addition to this team, and I would gladly send one of the rookie WRs and a 3rd in return for him. Or send Lestar Jean if they think highly of him. I don't care, he's better than every WR on this team aside from AJ. Too bad we couldn't have traded Eric Winston for him before the cut deadline. That would have been a nice swap.

Edit: one other thing to consider is that if he is looking for more money, any extension salary he gets now will not hit the cap until 2014 when his rookie deal is finished. He's under contract for 2012 and 2013 for a meager amount. The team could prorate a signing bonus to earlier years as part of spreading it out, but his new salary will not have any impact until 2014. That gives us a lot of flexibility.