View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Brown has been a very good player in a premium position. Quality LTs don't grow on trees and athletic ones who fit Kubes' style are also fairly rare. As such, I fully expect Brown to get a new contract this summer.

I also expect Cush to get a new deal. He has played well for a couple of years and is the 3 down LB in the 3-4. He should get a new contract sometime before the season.

Barwin has had 1 good year. If he has another good year, I expect the team to offer him a reasonable deal. One thing to remember is his stats may go down. I expect Watt and Reed to have a bigger presence than last year in their second season. Also, last year pretty much only Reed and barwin were the OLBs. This year, Whitney Mercilus joins the group. So, I would not be surprised if Barwin's stats decrease even if his play improves. Since this would only be his second year(and I think his stats decrease), he likely will not get a stupid money deal like Mario. As such, as long as its reasonable, I think the team can keep him.

Cody will likely not get a new deal and will hit the market as a FA. I expect him to be offered a vets contract and for him to go elsewhere.

I would not be surprised to see Antonio Smith cut to free up cash.

Schaub will need to prove himself on the field. He needs to prove he is back to being the prolific passer and not the guy with injury concerns. If he can put in a full 16 week regular season schedule and start every game for the Texans in the Playoffs, then he may get the contract he wants. If he misses a few games, has to be replaced by TJ, is struggling, or is in anyway hampered, he may not be tendered a new contract at all.

will not receive new contract offers this year.
I think Wade's system is set up for the rush to come from any defensive position but I also think historically one OLB gets majority of sacks. I do expect barring injury for Barwin to have majority of sacks & to be offered a huge deal. Same with Schaub, 16 healthy games or not; just offer for each may not be from Texans. Stupid money does not have to be Mario dollars just more than Texans will pay.

Thanks for responding.