View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predicting Rick Smith's GM Decisions Using the 20/70/10 Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Thanks! I've never denied the fact that I'm sentimental. I simply cannot imagine being a football fan and NOT being sentimental. I've been a fan of the NFL for the better part of 60 years, long before the Oilers came to town, soooo, this is not my first go round with dealing with the loss of favorite players. It will happen again and again, for as long as I remain a fan of this game.

I use to feel comfortable logging on to TT and venting my frustrations, some due to ignorance of the in's and out's of the way the NFL has changed over the years, but, that's not the case anymore. I'm truly not argumentative, I just read the board, do some research on my own, and depend on some of my favorite posters to keep me straight. But, as the game has changed over the years, so has the Internet, and so has TexansTalk. It's all good, and I'm not offended by negative comments about my feelings concerning Rick Smith.

Time will tell! I'm a TEXAN fan, and if the changes RS has made in our team pays off, I will be the first to say, I WAS WRONG about him! In the meantime, I think I'll just keep my opinions to myself. I enjoy reading this board, appreciate each individuals opinion, and consider this a means of learning more and more about our team. I DO have an open mind, and will try to have positive thoughts about our GM!

SheTexan, my post was too harsh, so don't stop posting on my account. You have a right to be sentimental since your a fan. I just have a view that sentimentalism and loyalty took a big flying leap out of the window when it became a free agency/salary-cap NFL. There's just no money left on the table to account for those two things. The players certainly don't have sentimentality or loyalty to their teams. {Well, they do so long as they are satisfied the money they are getting) So why should we?

Players (I know this is a surprise to some) are not paid for what they have done in the past, Thus the saying, "what have you done for me lately" They are paid based on what the teams think they will bring to the table in the future.

If you don't like Rick Smith now, wait til you see what he does with Andre Johnson next year if his productivity doesn't pick up. Nobody is sacred.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote