View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predicting Rick Smith's GM Decisions Using the 20/70/10 Philosophy

I'm with Brisco on this. Personally, I think Rick Smith's done a great job since he's been here. I think he's put together a young team loaded with talent and given us more hope than we ever had prior to his being here.

BUT.

This is a message board.

SheTexan's the type of fan that gets emotionally connected with the players. She's upset that several of her favorites aren't with us anymore and she's pissed off that Smith let them get away or sent them away or whatever. Although I think she's going overboard with her Smith bashing, if that's the way she feels about it and needs to vent... this is the place to do it.

There's a fine line between threads/posts that are about numbers and facts and what you can deduce from them and the threads/posts about how you feel about things. With numbers/facts threads, you can argue about what they mean and about who's interpreting them correctly. But with feeling threads/posts, it is what it is. You can't argue someone out of how they feel. Badboy's ticked off because we drafted players he thinks were substandard and when he posts about his feelings on the draft, he's posting his feelings. Can't tell him he doesn't feel that way. Same with SheTexan. She's posting her feelings and you can't tell her she doesn't feel that way because... she does.

My feeling is that Dreessen and Brisiel leaving hurts. We may be able to improve that guard spot but we might not. I don't have the same confidence with Casey and Graham replacing Dreessen, which is why I wanted to draft Fleener. My other feeling is that losing Winston, Demeco, and Mario won't hurt us at all and we may actually have improved at those positions.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote