View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012   #12
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predicting Rick Smith's GM Decisions Using the 20/70/10 Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Does that mean that Demeco, Mario, Winston, Briesel, and Dressen were in the 10%?? They were nothing but scumbags in RS eyes, so it's bye-bye losers?? Geeezzzzz! RS is an idi*t and couldn't manage the 20/70/10 concept if his life depended on it! JMO!!! Dont' throw the "cap" issue at me either. That's RS fault also!
OMG SheTexan. I've heard of seeing the world through a different lens, but this is ridiculous! It seems for the past straight month you have just bashed Rick Smith on every oppertunity you can and given him none of his due credit. Look, I was upset about some of the cuts, but I could see why the cuts were necessary. You honestly think that times were better BEFORE he got here? No they weren't! Smith has made his fair share of blunders, but over the past few seasons, he has really done some great things. Signing Smith, Joseph, Manning, and even Foster off of the undrafted circuit. He even made the Schaub trade to bring him here. Whether you like it or not, he has, without a doubt, turned this team around with the business model he is taking. It is like I said in an earlier post, had you asked me if I liked Smith after the 08 season, I would have said no. But now, he has done enough for me and every other Texan fan to have faith in him. Not too much faith, but enough. You need to realize that on the grand scale of things, this team is still young as an organization. We are trying to find a way to catch on, and I believe Rick Smith is heading in that direction.

I also mentioned earlier that we could have had Matt Millen. GM for nine years with the Lions. Dude had the worst nine year span in NFL History going 31-97. The way you talk about Rick makes me believe we have Matt as our GM. None of it is warranted. Finally, if you are a true Texans fan, you wouldn't hold so much of a grudge against the guy who makes our business decisions every day. We live and die as fans by his overall decisions. Unless if it is clear that he needs to be fired, then we as FANS should support him, cause I can tell you from my standpoint, he has done NOTHING to warrant a resignation letter from Mr. McNair. I'm sorry if any of this offends you, but I am tired of you bashing on OUR Gm when it honestly isn't warranted. Be a fan and support him. I doubt any of this will change your opinion, but I just wanted to let you know as a fellow fan how I feel, and what I assume, a majority of our fanbase feels as well.

Finally, I'd like to point out that all of the players you listed are recoverable.

Winston- Had to be the worst of our O-Line, doesnt mean he was bad, it just means compared to everyone else, he was the weakest link with a big payday. Had to cut.

Briesel- FA loss. No way we were going to match the offer that the raiders gave him. Too expensive. Once again we can recover.

Dreesen- Good TE, but not our starter. Not only do we have Casey as a back up, but also have Graham in the wings. He left on FA also, even though we gave him an offer, he chose the other team. It's the nature of the beast.

Mario- FA loss. He was good, sometimes, but no way would we match the offer from Buffalo, and I think the coaching staff knew they could recover without Mario. I mean, we did play the majority of the season without him.

Demeco- I know, I know. Everyone loved him. Great player. I was sad to see him go. But when you don't play well in a 3-4 and you only play every other down, you gotta go. That would be like the highest paid employee showing up for two days of work out of the week. Would you think that's fair? I know I wouldn't. So send him somewhere where he gets better production. At least we got value for him, and we don't know how he would have bounced back from the Achilles injury as well. CND made points that the first year is the best and then there is a drop off.

So really I don't see any problems with the moves Smith has made. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to get all of that off my chest. I just hope you will give credit, where credit is due.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote