View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012   #4
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This philosophy was touched on in one of badboy's threads from last week about team depth. This was/is my take....

One of the Barwin/Brooks/Mercilus trio could fall into this "20%" category. But since that's a 3-man rotation at OLB, Wade can probably find someone in the draft to coach up to replace any of the three that might desire crazy, stud pass rusher money.

In my mind, stud, cover CBs, superior RBs like Foster, or Duane Brown quality LTs are harder to come by than fast OLBs who can be taught Wade's system.
The three man rotation does dilute some value, but not enough to prevent at least two of the three from breaching the top ten. I don't think it would be strange to see all three in there. Each of those guys were 2nd and 1st round picks, so it's expected that they be top performers.

On Chris Myers, I don't think he was in Smith's A group. I say this based on how they handled his contract this year. Myers said Smith didn't seem interested in negotiating, and he let him talk to other teams. It could've had to do with his agent, but based on what we've seen, there is a proactive effort to retain anyone in A group.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote