Thread: Todd Wade
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004   #5
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Todd Wade

There's a lot of heartburn here in South Florida (among fans and media) about Wade escaping to the Texans, but looking at the Dolphins' absurd offseason, it's not exactly surprising. The theme about "overpaying" for him is consistent, though, in local and national media. I think we're used to seeing the OTHER end of the offensive line get the big bucks.

The only ways to know if the Texans overpaid for him are 1) his play on the field and 2) how Houston manages his chunk of the salary cap in later years. And neither of those issues are gonna be quick answers!

From a personal standpoint, I do think he got paid a LOT, but I think that the market's dictating the price right now and (just as with Babin's draft) the Texans have demonstrated that they will be very aggressive if there's someone they really want--regardless of what everyone else is saying.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote