View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012   #112
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars 1st pick Justin Blackmon arrested Sunday for aggravated DUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
I say let him sit and be fined. He signed a 5 year deal w/most of $$$ up front. With 2 years to go on his current contract and then pull, I need more $$$ crap. When he signed his last deal, at that time, he was the 3rd highest paid RB in the NFL. He isn't doing himself any favors sitting out...missing the new coaching staff, owner, Offense, players, upsetting fans, having no connection w/Jax(staying in CA), and not participating on the Jaguar Caravan. He knows, this season, he won't be as highly used, as he did last season. With the WR situation improving and RB Jennings coming back, the pressure will be less than last season. He even admitted he has lost a step, since he knee surgery, which you can see, lost that break away speed. I really like MJD, but I think is agent is making a big mistake here.

You're crazy, look at his production with the Jags, he IS the offense. He was dumb for signing his last deal, should have been at the 8 million/year mark easily on his last deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I remember when MJD signed his last deal and I thought he was underpaid. Now he's REALLY underpaid. He should hold out, the Jags have more than enough capspace to give him a raise and a year or two extension. Unfortunately, that organization is so cheap, they would probably just let him sit out the whole year and go for the #1 pick in the draft instead.
This is too true. I don't blame him one bit.