View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012   #300
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I believe that Beck is nothing but a camp arm. I think that the single biggest factor in whether Keenum sticks on the 53 as our #3 (after his own performance) is Yates performance. If Yates looks really solid as our #2 and builds on what he did last year then I think Gary will be comfortable with him behind Schaub and with Keenum in the #3 slot. If Yates doesn't look like he's improved much or even just has some moments that make the coaches go "WTF?" then Gary will want a veteran in there somewhere and try to slip Keenum over to the practice squad.
Prior to the OTA's my position was that it all depended on Matt's health.

If Matt is healthy, then any veteran brought in is a camp arm and we'll end up with Matt, TJ, and Case as our QBs.

If Matt is not healthy, then the vet brought in will be looked at as a #2 behind Yates to start the season.

However, word from the OTAs is that Matt looks like he's in good shape. So, unless there's some sort of meltdown or something, I expect us to go with Matt, TJ, and Case. If Case just doesn't look like he's getting it OR if Beck steps up and kicks ass, Case might get cut and placed on the PS.

TJ would have to meltdown pretty bad to lose the #2 job, I think.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote