View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012   #292
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That's another myth I really have to point out.
Keenum's pre-snap and post-snap reads are excellent.
He uses the entire field and he locates the open receiver quickly.

That's why his top 3 receivers had 96, 89 and 87 receptions (the guy with 96 receptions had the lower ypc, the guy with 87 had the highest ypc) and the top 2 RBs had 51 and 44 receptions (the Cougars didn't have a true TE last year).

Overall, Keenum threw to 17 different guys.
He spreads the wealth very well; you get open, you get the ball, period.
Good info and thanks. That is what I saw when I watched him but did read more than one article that he used only half field despite being in shotgun. There are many QBs who develop confidence in one side of field due to receiver and blocking. I still think Texans are a perfect fit.