View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012   #290
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It has been said that Keenum weakness was using only one half field when doing his reads. I think Texans can correct that over time. For me a 3rd string QB must project long term. I just don't see Beck getting much better but it could happen. I see more potential in Keenum.
That's another myth I really have to point out.
Keenum's pre-snap and post-snap reads are excellent.
He uses the entire field and he locates the open receiver quickly.

That's why his top 3 receivers had 96, 89 and 87 receptions (the guy with 96 receptions had the lower ypc, the guy with 87 had the highest ypc) and the top 2 RBs had 51 and 44 receptions (the Cougars didn't have a true TE last year).

Overall, Keenum threw to 17 different guys.
He spreads the wealth very well; you get open, you get the ball, period.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote