View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012   #289
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
If someone thinks small hands matter (negative) to NFL success then you could not have provided them much better evidence.
That's the problem with using "numbers" to quantify success.

I merely listed the QBs that were drafted since 2008 with same hand size as Keenum or smaller.

Out of some 10 QBs drafted in 08, the only one who has had a certain degree of success in the NFL is Matt Ryan.
(Joe Flacco is borderline).

From the 09 bunch, only Matt Stafford has gone anywhere, and from the 2010 bunch, none has made a name for himself so far.

Hand size, as long as it's not too small, shouldn't be a problem, is all I'm saying.

Heath Shuler has 10-5/8 hand size.
David Carr 9-3/4

On the other side, Jake Plummer's measured 9-1/4, same as Chris Chandler.

And as long as we're on sizes, you would think that guys like Weeden, Foles, and especially Osweiler (who was the tallest QB in this recent draft) would have fewer passes batted down than Keenum, but that wasn't the case.

Despite being under pressure more than any QBs in the last draft (the two guys I don't have many game tapes on were Coleman and Harnish), Keenum managed to have fewer balls batted down than any one of them (while throwing more passes).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote