View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prospects to watch in 2013 as they apply to Texans needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Cornerback-CB

Currently with Joseph, KJ, McCain, Harris, Carmichael, etc... on the roster I think we've got YOUNG talent that needs experience, coaching, and mentoring. Our CB's were significantly better last year with better coaching (Vance Joseph), veteran leadership (Jonathan Joseph), and a much improved pass rush. I think we have the foundation for a pretty good corp. of CB's but it's been said many times "you can never have to many good CB's". CB is also one of those positions that don't translate naturally from college to the NFL, it's very difficult and takes time. With that said I think we address CB in the 2013 draft early, 1-2 rounds, since we skipped CB in the 2012 draft. If all our current guys workout then our 2013 draftee will be a work in progress in the pipeline, if our current guys don't work out then a highly drafted CB will be pushed along early based on potential, but it's always good to have quality depth at such a critical position especially since the NFL has become such a pass first league. 2013 looks to be a very good year for CB's in the draft. Guys available in the 1st-2nd rounds, in no particular order. I eliminated David Amerson and Xavier Rhodes as guys who go before we pick in the 1st round, and Rhodes size makes me think of FS for him in the NFL, we'll see. There seems to be alot of CB's in the 5'11" - 6'1" range in the early part of the draft next year, this is a good thing.

Johnthan Banks-Mississippi St.
Demarcus Milliner-Alabama
Tyrann Mathieu-LSU, listed as 5'9" but we all know how everyone shrinks at the Combine, great skills but I'm leery.
Desmond Trufant-Washington
Carrington Byndom-Texas, he's got the size and speed but I'm always skeptical of guys from Texas.
Micah Hyde-Iowa, 2nd round pick in my current mock.
Kyle Fuller-Virginia Tech.
Logan Ryan-Rutgers
Jordan Poyer-Oregon St.
Braden Smith-Georgia
Johnny Adams-Michigan St.

This isn't everyone, I'm sure I left out a couple people. 2013 looks to be a very good year for taking a CB in the 1st or 2nd round.
I love Banks but we will be drafting a WR in one of the first two rounds.