Thread: My dark horses
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My dark horses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Don't think I have time for a few more dark horses I wanted to spend more time on, so I will just present you with the last one: Adrien Robinson, TE, Cinn

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=TE

If this guy can be had in the 6th as nfldraftscout indicate, I will be very happy.
I don't see Fleener when we have OD and Graham and Casey on the team.
There are a few TEs that intrigue, including Hanna (Okl) that Rey mentioned.
The guy from SMU, etc...

I see Robinson as a better value later for the Texans.

A couple years ago, I recommended Brandon Myers over Anthony Hill.
An excellent blocker that can give you a few important catches here and there.

Robinson is a bigger guy that is also more athletic.
He can block in line; he can block when going into motion across the backfield; he can block downfield (notice his speed and other measurables).
And he can do it with a "mean streak".

His catching ability was not utilized enough at Cincy.
You just need to watch a couple of his limited highlights to see that he can climb the ladder and he can adjust to the ball (again, refer back to his measurables for confirmation).

I think he can complement the guys we already have very well, for cheap (hopefully).
The words out of New York is that Robinson has been impressive.
Some even think that the Giants had striked gold.

In order to take Robinson (who went #32 in the 4th), the Texans would have had to forego either KM (#26) or Crick (#31).
It's a tough call.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote