View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012   #216
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Former University of Houston QB Case Keenum agrees to a contract with the Texans

Kubiak

(on QB Case Keenum) “I tell you the thing that was impressive: his best time in OTAs came at the end of practice today, so that tells me that he’s getting better. I put him in a hurry-up environment and he went out there and was automatic with what he did. He’s learning. He’s figuring out all the spots and when he does that, I think he’s going to be very effective. I’ve been pleased. I think everything has been moving forward so I’ve been really pleased. Today made me really excited to see him be at his best.”

(on what QB Case Keenum needs to do in minicamp to be even better) “I’m going to give him a ton of reps. I’m going to take some of the older guys and just work them with (head strength and conditioning coach) Cedric (Smith). I’m going to keep the young guys out here next week. He’ll work as the two next week, so that will be good for him and just keep getting as many as he can.”

(on whether QB T.J. Yates or John Beck will get to sit out next week) “T.J. (Yates) will (sit out). John (Beck) needs more reps with the third team and what we’re doing. I’ll work John and Case (Keenum).”

Yates will sit out next week along with most of the vets (the ones).
Keenum will work with the twos.
Beck will get more reps with the third team.

“What I do at the back end of the OTAs with our mini-camp is I like to kind of dedicate that to our younger players, now that they know what we’re doing. They’re up to speed offensively and defensively, and our scouts and everybody in the organization can get a better feel of evaluating who can come help us come fall time.”

The three-day mini-camp will be June 12-14.

The veterans will be with strength and conditioning Coach Cedric Smith while the younger group will be going through mini camp.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote