View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prospects to watch in 2013 as they apply to Texans needs.

I would like to see Hebron Fangupo stay healthy & push for reps in nose rotation but I just don't really like his odds (injury's). Then Cody will be a FA next year (2013) this could become a huge need for the Texans, to add another nose to compete with Earl Mitchell for reps, it just makes too much sense similar to drafting Bullock to replace departed Neil Rackers. So with that said I would be looking for elite help early if available?

Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah is one of the top DT prospects in next years class. He could push for starting reps as a rookie, drawing comparisons to former Oregon Duck and current Baltimore Ravens' star Haloti Ngata. Texans would however have to trade up to get him.

Johnathon Hankins, DT, the Ohio State. Texans have hit pay dirt in the Big Ten so Hankins is a more likely possibility. He would be your more typical nose with freakish combination of size (6-3, 335), strength and athleticism as Dontari Poe. Not a sexy pick I must admit but will have to see how things play out next offseason.

Bennie Logan, DT, LSU is more of a small penetration one gap nose with plus pass rushing/pressure numbers. Only 6-3 288 his motor my interest Wade in his system, has frame to put on weight just like Mitchell has. I would give him early 2nd rd. grade now but its so early, he plays for LSU in the SEC so his stock could soar come next April.

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue. He has everything that Rick Smith likes, BIG 10. Purdue, plus is built like Wade Phillips likes in his 3-4. Short has a thick, wide frame and plays with excellent strength and leverage, making him a potential nose guard candidate. He considered leaving school a year early, but was given a third-round grade by the NFL Draft Advisory Board. This next draft Texans could trade down acquire extra picks & take him in the 2nd. Don't see him as first round talent, more of a rotational guy who could hold a position of need for the Texans next year.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 06-09-2012 at 01:13 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote