View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012   #96
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars 1st pick Justin Blackmon arrested Sunday for aggravated DUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
This is what I was trying to explain to SheTexan. Most alcoholics don't think they have a problem. I said the exact same things that Blackmon is saying at one point in my life. I would be shocked though if the Jags aren't mandating some type of treatment to this kid at this point. They have way too much invested in him. It may be quiet and behind the scenes, but they won't just say "ok, now don't do this again".
I understand what you are saying, but, I will refer to Cloaks post! I just believe the subject has to realize he/she has a problem before success can be obtained. BTW: I grew up in a dysfuctional family dominated with alcoholics, plus I was DUMB enough to marry one. One reason why I rarely touch the stuff today! So, I am not ignorant of the effect alcohol can have on an individual, or his/her family.

The key word is SUCCESS! He can go into rehab, whether mandated by the league, the Jags, or voluntary, but, chances are he will NOT be successful until he realizes he is an addict!! Hopefully, rehab will help him realize he has an issue, and he can get to the point that LIFE is more important than alcohol. I wish him the best.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote