View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sean Taylor dominates preseason game vs. Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
A team could avoid Taylor if you made him a CB or an OLB because they could pass away from him if he was a CB and could run the opposite way if he was a LB so he wont come across the big play as easily. As a FS, he covers sideline to sideline so he has more freedom and teams doesnt know where he is going to be so Taylor can do what he does best: Get to the ball.

And I agree with V, Taylor is too big to be a CB....
If you can discourage an offense from going to one side or the other of the
field, you've won a tremendous psychlogical and strategic battle before anybody snapped the ball ! You've also won a tactical battle because you've
reduced the side of the field you must defense with the other 10 players. That's what a great defensive playmaker can bring you. As far as saying he's too big to be a CB, that's silly. That's like saying he's too fast to play CB. Now if his size happens to diminish his speed and quickness, OK. But this guy looks like he might be one of those real freaks who has it all (think a BO Jackson type, but on D). Too small to be a LB, I think Peek is actually 'bout 238, only a few lbs. > Taylor. But my real point is, you don't waste a superior talent like
him on the safety position: they play back off the line of scrimmage and they
therefor have, well a secondary role (no pun intended) - the action is on the line of scrimmage. Now if they play him up on the l-o-s a great deal, well his position becomes a non conventional type, maybe combination LB/safety.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote