View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars 1st pick Justin Blackmon arrested Sunday for aggravated DUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Please tell me WHY the league should even get involved?
1) For the same reasons any "boss" should help an employee in need, 2) He's an NFL player now and representing the league, 3) It's the right thing to do.

Quote:
The NFL can't "save" this kid from himself, he's the only one who can do that...he has a problem, and NOONE, not even the powerful NFL, can help him until he's ready to help himself. JMO!!
True, but there are millions of sober alcoholics who initially got sober because of a "nudge from a judge" or because they had a "back problem" (wife is on my back, boss is on my back...) I'm one.

Quote:
The fact that he pleaded NOT GUILTY says a lot, IMHO!
Anyone and everyone with an attorney pleads "not guilty" at the first court date. It's part of the process. Majority of the time it leads to a plea agreement based on a later "guilty" plea down the road.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote