View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars 1st pick Justin Blackmon arrested Sunday for aggravated DUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Understand I don't feel bad for this kid for one second, but its clear at this point he needs some help. He needs to be suspended for 2 games minimum, and the NFL needs to REQUIRE him to enter a rehab. Having dealt with alcoholism with myself and family it's a very serious issue. The league needs to step up, do the right thing, and save this kid from himself. Football should not be important at all. I didn't even know about the Vegas story, but he's heading in the wrong direction.

Blowing at .24 makes it even more alarming for me. I hope for his sake he gets the help he needs.
WHAT?? You think the league should step up, do the RIGHT thing, and SAVE this kid from himself, BUT, football should not be important at all?? Please tell me WHY the league should even get involved? This dude obviously had problems LONG before he entered the NFL. Since you've dealt with alcoholism yourself, you should know that the treatment starts with SELF! The NFL can't "save" this kid from himself, he's the only one who can do that. Maybe being in the NFL is a detriment to this dude! Lots of money, fame, free time to do what he pleases. The fact that he pleaded NOT GUILTY says a lot, IMHO! He's not ready to admit he has a problem, and NOONE, not even the powerful NFL, can help him until he's ready to help himself. JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote