View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
First, Cushing is under contract just to reiterate. Apprx salaries for 2012 Wade Smith $2m + Antonio's $5.5m= $7m to offer Cushing this season to extend or to go to either Schaub, Barwin or D. Brown. Also, as far as we know the NFL cap is to be about the same $123m. We were at that last season and we have escalator contracts to pay in 2012 + rookies and UDFAs.

There was $ supposedly from AJ re-negotiating, loss of Briesel, 2 back up QBs,
Winston, JJ, Ryans,etc. that did not go for Mario. My understanding is that was supposed to extend Brown ($2m for 2011) & he will take $8-$10m extra.

Matt $7m+ will want another $5m & maybe more if he takes team deep in P.O.s.

Barwin at about $1m if he does what we expect will want at least a $5m bump if not more.
That is approx $18m more than last year's total team salary costs. Where is that coming from? I want all these guys back, just don't see how.
The easy answer is if MS gets hurt again you let him walk. I dont know the $$$$ figures, but cutting Cody + whatever Barwins salary was last yr, added together should get you in the ballpark.

I do know the good teams find ways to structure their contracts so that they can keep 10 or so top tier players of their own under contract. (Philly/Pittsburgh/New England/NYG etc...) I expect the Texans FO/cap guy to be able to structure contract like those teams do.

Maybe that's too much to expect.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote