View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Way Too Early Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We have no evidence that anyone will beat out KJ (I'm hoping Carmichael will) so why would they let him go? I rate Cushing way over Barwin. Wade has been very successful historically with OLB & if Barwin leaves, Mercilus should fill in nicely. If that happens, we still need another OLB. Why pay Barwin if next man up does so well? I thought we wanted to get to the point we can let high dollars vets go & replace them with younger players who are then replaced with draftees?
While I agree with you on both points. If KJ stinks against much better QB's, no amount of 76's screenshots are going to save him.

I gree with you also about letting the high $$$$ vets go. But the 3-4 needs 5-6 quality LB's. Think about the NYG's Taylor/Carson/Reasons/Banks the best LB corps other than the 70's Steelers. Speaking of the Steelers they keep their LB's core together until they get to old and usually train the young guys so that they are ready when the old guys start losing it. I see the Texans doing this with Mercilus. You dont let young double digit sack guys like Barwin walk. Especially when you can make cap room for them by cutting guys that are replaceable like A.Smith/KJ/W.Smith. Whose replacements have already been drafted.

Communication between the LB's is critical in 3-4. Barwin/Cushing/Watt are going to be the leaders, tone setters of an intense young defense for yrs to come in the front 7. With JoJo and Manning leading the back end. The Texans finally have speed at all positions on defense. (Speed kills)
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote