View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012   #86
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brett Hartmann suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I wish we had a former college or pro kicker or punter on the MB who could explain why one person can't learn to do both. It's always seemed odd to me.
This like asking me why some professional writers are great essayists and others great novelists or other superior poets since its all writing or why a great presecutor rarely depends anyone (or vise versa) since it all looks like lawyering to me.

There are different skills and techniques involved, place kicking is different than punting. Yeah a good kicker probably does the other better than anyone else on the roster, but that does not make him one of the 32 best in the world at a job function. So, like all writers don't write everything equally, all lawyers don't lawyer everything equally, all kickers don't kick evetything equally.