View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65's Way Too Early Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Wait..you've forgotten the last draft just a few weeks ago? We had Barwin, Reed and Braman then and who was the #26 pick? You don't think if Barwin has a high sack year (and we all pray & expect him to)that he will not get huge offers? If Cushing gets re-signed this season a lot of money that was freed up goes to him. True, we know more now how the 3 will perform in Wade's sytem but not much has changed as far asn rotation, especially if Barwin goes.

Now if Braman has a very good year, I could see OLB moving down the list.
Haha, nope, it is not forgotten. But I just dont/cant see us taking yet another OB high, especially with other positions (WR, TE, and maybe CB and QB) needing looks. I think Barwin stays. He does not seem like a "chase the money" type guy, I think he will get a sizable raise, but not cap-crippling. We will have all year to negotiate, hopefully other teams never get the chance to offer him deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
@Rmartin65, I found Fiedo on the 2014 list of TE's thanks.

* As for OLB as a need, I think Barwin is re-signed and stays, I don't think OLB will be a need in the 2013 draft.
* As for Hawkinson, both Walter and CBS have him listed as a 5-6 round pick but I agree this is way undervalued. Another guy to look at is Xavier Nixon-OT from Florida but he also could go higher than presently projected and out of reach where we'll most likely be looking for a swing OT.
* As for WR, I think Kubiak tried to get cute and just fill a niche at slot/#3 WR with the Posey pick instead of taking one of the better WR's that were available as a potential #2 thus improving the overall quality of the WR corp. I like DaRick Rogers, Justin Hunter, Cobi Hamilton, Marquess Wilson, and possibly Ryan Swope or Terrance Williams but they will both have QB issues this year.
* Other ILB candidates to look at are Kevin Reddick, James Morris, and Andrew Jackson along with the previously mentioned Nico Johnson, Bruce Taylor, and Patrick Larimore.
Agree on Barwin, what do you think of Opurum in the 7th? I really love his potential... I may have my 2013 late round man-crush already.

I will keep an eye on Nixon, thanks for the heads up.

Agreed on your take on receivers... I am still not wild about the Posey pick, but it is what it is. The guy I really wanted (Marvin Jones) dropped all the way to the 6th, so there must have been something the pro guys did not like. Of the guys you listed for 2013, I like the two Tennessee receivers, Swope and Wilson. Williams just does not impress me, and I have not seen enough of Hamilton.

Reddick has alot of hype, but never stood out to me when watching UNC. He has talent, but he just does not dominate, maybe it will come together this year. Love Morris' skills, but I worry a lot about his size. Looks like a SS out there, needs to pack on at least 15. I have not seen Jackson play, but I know BB likes the guy. Looks like a real thumper on paper.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote