View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012   #53
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A LeSTAR (Jean) is born

Quote:
There is Andre Johnson. Then there is everyone else.

But Tuesday, Lestar Jean ran in Johnson’s footsteps as he streaked downfield past Johnathan Joseph and Danieal Manning for a long reception that was the biggest play in the pretend practice that is the Texans’ organized team activities.

Jean did the same thing in the team’s previous workout Thursday, leaving a couple of helpless defensive backs in his wake as he made a would-be touchdown grab.

All morning Tuesday, Jean was in Johnson’s spot in the formation while Johnson, who is recovering from minor knee surgery, watched the offseason workout. And Jean, who like Johnson is a Miami native, persistently has been in the perennial Pro Bowler’s ear.

“He’s always up on me,” Johnson said. “Asking me this, asking me that. Wondering how I do this, wondering how I do that.”

Jean, 24, was one of the training camp stars last summer before a shoulder injury put him on injured reserve for the season. But when given the opportunity, he lived up to his nickname “Big Play,” making impressive catches his norm. He had a couple of long catches in limited preseason action and made more in practice.

As University of Houston coach Tony Levine has been known to crack, there’s no question he was first-team all-shorts.
Read more at The Chronicle