View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY's 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree with BL, Brown, Barwin, and Schaub will be the primary targets to be re-signed and I think Smith will succeed, all will be back. I think they'll find the money by making salary cap cuts to Antonio Smith, and then possibly Sean Cody, OD, Kevin Walter, Antoine Caldwell, Wade Smith, and Rashad Butler. I don't know if they'll all go but I'll bet that several will. They can also save some money by replacing James or Dobbins at ILB with a 3-5 round rookie from next years draft since that position will rotate out of the game so often. Hopefully we also get an injury discount from Schaub who hopefully also knows that we'll be trying to re-sign his primary blind side protection. I think next years offseason has the possibility to have alot more cost saving cuts than this years. This will be where Rick Smith earns his money and shows us if he's stepped up to the level of the upper echelon GM's or not.
I, also would like to see the 3 back but somebody needs to show me the money. I'm not taking time now but other than maybe Smith & OD I doubt there would be enough money in cutting those guys to sign Brown Butler & Schaub. Matt alone should get a $5m/year increase. Why should Matt give us a discount? QBs are a premium & teams will be lining the Brinks truck up at his door. Not saying he gets a Marfio deal but there will be great offers.