View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Dilfer wasn't their chosen starter for the season. Tony Banks was.

I think all of this talk in this and the mock draft thread is silly. Unless Schaub gets injured again or clearly is not his old self they are going to attempt to re-sign him and Schaub has shown every bit of character like AJ that he would rather stay here than make $50 mil instead of $48.
Yeah, Banks stunk and he should've taken the beating Carr took in 2002. Dilfer did get them a SB trophy and in appreaition the Ravens cut him. They're still looking a QB that can take them to a championship. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Waiting until the end of this yr to make a decision on Schaub is the smart thing to do. I believe he's a 2nd tier (Top 15) QB. But if he cant get/stay healthy this yr then the Texans should look for his replacement. They are in a tough spot on this one, with the team being ready to win now and Schaub not being able to stay healthy. Do you trade the farm and draft one of the top college QB's? Or do you look for a Matt Flynn type vet? (Who's available)

I'm pretty sure Gary will be making that call and I've got faith in his ability to find the right QB for this team.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote