View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012   #432
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

About the Jacoby stats: I know a lot more about his stats than you give me credit for.

I did the side-by-side graphic in the 2011 summer of David Anderson vs. Jacoby Jones.

Jacoby, if we went by stats, was the better guy by leaps and bounds. But listen up: Those stats also don't tell a story of Jacoby's various untimely drops, his tipped/botched catches that were caught by our opponents and used against us...the famous Ravens game which is like 35-3 version 2.0...etc. For every great catch he made for 16 yards...he'd have a DOH! moment on an easy catch for 10 yards. It's 6 one way, half a dozen the other with those kinds of guys.

Another example: He had a similar DOH! moment vs. Titans in 2010, at Tennessee, when a punt bounced and he muffed it and only a technicality in the rules reversed a Titans recovery of the punt. He's been a question mark in spite of ANY forward progress he ever made here (pun intended).

The stats you posted look almost OK, almost startling very good for him, but it's a bit laced with cyanide IMO when we examine it further in its total context.

I'd take Plax or Braylon Edwards this very moment if we're really serious about shoring up and allocating some resources. I know, I know...cap space and such. But still. This team is going to attempt to throw the ball to a suspect Andre Johnson (longevity/injury problems), a fading KW who took a pay cut and didn't protest at all, and several rookies. Things have to pan out, or else.