View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012   #431
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
So Jacoby's 16.2 avg per reception (27) in 2009 is nothing ? As is his 51 receptions in 2010 as a #3 ?

BTW Walter lead the league in percentage of catches per targets between 2009/10 ..... When you have that type of production between Walter and #80 (When he's healthy) ..... What need do you have to spend valuable resources on another WR who's likely no better than #4 on the depth chart.

It isnt until AJ or Walter are stuck on the sideline that we even pay attention to the position .....

When #80 and KW are able to take the field , there isnt much need behind them ..... when you consider the Texans offense is run first , pass when its favborable.

As for what Kubiak has been able to accomplish ... How many times have we seen AJ all alone .... without a defender within 10+ yards of him .... all this while defenses are designed to stop the guy (with and without a running game). You think thats all #80 or does it have something to do with Gary's play design and route combinations along with Schaub's play fakes which are some of the best in the game ....

Now that AJ has had multiple seasons where he hasnt been able to play 16 games , they have made allowances - spent resources to shore up the position.

But you are right , prior to this offseason , they have done little to nothing to shore up the position .... because there wasnt really a need and they havent spent the resources on the position until now.

When AJ and KW are on the field , there is no need for another WR .... save certain situations (which Jones was capable of handling on most occasions , stupid or not).

All this boils down to is resource allocation.
I really hate it when people rag on me for being too wordy...then I go and DON'T say everything...and so it gets used against me.

I am not naive to the point that I "allegedly" didn't understand the obvious about how we couldn't focus on every position when 99% of the roster was really junky when Kubiak came onto the scene. Come on, man, I'm not that dense. LOL. Kubiak had Andre Johnson and that was it.

I would've thought that I didn't have to be a Captain Obvious about this. Of the WRs that Kubiak picked up, I would have thought he'd be able to discern and utilize WRs better than he has. The things others have brought up about the WRs he had in Denver is really telling...outside of Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey there's not much there to be proud of regarding his latter years there.

Flash forward to present day, and we reallllllllly need Posey and Martin and jean and hell, even Dwight Jones to get some face time out there. Kuharsky even gets it: In his recent article about Dream/Nightmare scenarios for the Texans...his nightmare scenario has TJ Yates throwing to inexperienced and burdened rookie WRs named Posey, Martin, and Jones and it not working out very well. Kuharsky is echoing what I am trying to say: There is a QB-WR nightmare waiting to happen.

For me, I don't care how we got here with it. It's here. Yes, maybe we could have spent that Amobi Okoye pick on a WR. I don't' know who could have been there at that pick. But we made the right call at the time--Trying to shore up a bad defense. 6 one way, half dozen the other. My concern is Kubiak's guys he HAS picked up for WR. It took a few years to get the ZBS installed properly. It took a miracle of getting Arian Foster to make the ZBS into its best form possible here. We gotta' have some of that lightning in a bottle with the WR position now.

It will make or break this season. I'm saying it right now. It can.

Instead of putting words in my mouth, maybe ask me a question about what I meant. That's why I get wordy a lot, because there is no shortage of people badly botching the context of what is said on a message board. Case in point.